Ticket #1072 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Add a "tg-admin help" command
|Reported by:||tlesher||Owned by:||elvelind|
For utilities that take a command argument (like tg-admin, cvs, or svn), it's customary to give general help with no arguments ("tg-admin") or a help argument ("tg-admin help"), and to give specific command help for "tg-admin help <command>".
Right now, in order to get help for a specific command, you need to append the "-h" flag to the command: "tg-admin quickstart -h". This isn't discoverable--neither "tg-admin" nor "tg-admin help" tell you this.
Because many developers are familiar with svn or cvs, tg-admin should follow their precedent:
"tg-admin" => list of commands, with both "help" and "help <command>" explained "tg-admin help" => same as above "tg-admin help <command>" => help for a specific command
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Owner changed from anonymous to elvelind
- Component changed from TurboGears to tg-admin (non-toolbox)
- Milestone changed from __unclassified__ to 1.1
- Summary changed from tg-admin help is non-discoverable to Add a "tg-admin help" command
- Severity changed from normal to minor
- Milestone changed from 1.1 to 1.1.1