Ticket #1213 (closed defect: fixed)
incomplete support for changing server.webpath
|Reported by:||nludban||Owned by:||jorge.vargas|
A TG quickstart application doesn't work out of the box when the application root is changed (eg, proxied behind Apache as part of a larger site).
Several issues to be resolved:
- master.kid does not use tg.url(), so images are not shown in the welcome page
- /index needs to be redirected, otherwise relative link errors are silently caught by Apache
- raise redirect('/foo') implies redirect(url('/foo')), which prevents the TG app from redirecting to other parts of the larger site
- documentation needed for recommended and consistent proxy configuration
- setting server.webpath should return errors for requests outside webpath, that way missing tg.url()s can be caught in standalone mode before moving behind Apache
- set server.webpath by default so TG developers and users are aware of the requirements for moving the application root
I'm working on patches, will add them when tested.