Ticket #1317 (closed defect: fixed)
[Patch] Hard coded paths in tgsetup
|Reported by:||cappen||Owned by:||Chris Arndt|
It seems that around line 199 in the tgsetup.py file, the path "/usr/local/bin" is hardcoded. (On the webpage http://www.turbogears.org/download/index.html, the link http://www.turbogears.org/download/tgsetup.py)
The reason that this was a problem for me, is that I want to install the application in my home directory, since I do not have root rights on that particular machine.
All the other parts of the script work correctly with respect to the --prefix directive, but only this line will make the script crash, and will stop the installation. (Without root rights it is not allowed to create the pgadmin file in the /usr/local/bin directory.)
Except for the fact that it doesn't work for me, I think it is general bad form to ignore the --prefix directive and just put a file in that directory.
My suggestion is to retrieve the path of the --prefix directive from somewhere. I don't know how it works, but since the remainder of the script installs to the correct directories suggests this should be possible.
- Owner changed from anonymous to tbradshaw
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Summary changed from Hard coded paths in tgsetup to [Patch] Hard coded paths in tgsetup
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Severity changed from minor to normal
- Priority changed from low to normal
- Version changed from 1.0 to 184.108.40.206
- Milestone changed from 1.0.2 to 1.0.x bugfix
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from reopened to new
- Owner changed from tbradshaw to Chris Arndt
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Version changed from 220.127.116.11 to 1.0.6