Warning: Can't synchronize with repository "(default)" (Unsupported version control system "svn": No module named svn). Look in the Trac log for more information.

Ticket #1796 (closed defect: fixed)

Opened 10 years ago

Last modified 9 years ago

top_level_dir mangled in TG11

Reported by: droggisch Owned by: chrisz
Priority: normal Milestone: 1.1
Component: TurboGears Version: 1.0.5
Severity: normal Keywords:
Cc:

Description

No idea why, but the code seems to assume a trailing slash that isn't always there. So I patched the config.py, see attached patch (I'm working, can't commit directly)

Attachments

top_level_dir.patch Download (1001 bytes) - added by droggisch 10 years ago.

Change History

Changed 10 years ago by droggisch

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by droggisch

I just saw that package-dir might suffer from the same problem, so I added the code there as well.

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by droggisch

  • Owner changed from anonymous to droggisch

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by droggisch

  • Status changed from new to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed

fixed.

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by chrisz

The missing slash problem is probably due to setuptools 0.6c9. I have backported this fix to the 1.0 branch, too.

comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by droggisch

  • Status changed from closed to reopened
  • Resolution fixed deleted

comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by droggisch

  • Status changed from reopened to new
  • Owner changed from droggisch to chrisz
  • Version changed from 1.0.4.4 to 1.0.5

The patch seems to be not applied in TG1.0.5. I just installed a fresh version and have been bitten by the bug again.

comment:7 Changed 9 years ago by Chris Arndt

It was applied (in different form) to r4892. See config.py.

Can you please test with the 1.0 branch HEAD and then close this ticket again?

comment:8 Changed 9 years ago by faide

  • Milestone changed from 1.5 to 1.1

comment:9 Changed 9 years ago by faide

I'll commit a backport of the fix I did in the 1.1 branch. But the implementation seems correct.

comment:10 Changed 9 years ago by Chris Arndt

AFAICS, this is already fixed. I was asking droggisch to confirm, because he re-opened the ticket. If doesn't confirm it soon or provides additional info, we can just close it again.

comment:11 Changed 9 years ago by faide

Yep but fixed in a slightly non valid way that breaks on windows when using setuptool trunk HEAD...

I changed the code in 1.1 (r5216) to use a real os.path.normpath instead of a string replace hack...

comment:12 Changed 9 years ago by faide

BTW setuptools trunk version is mandatory if you use a SVN 1.5 client. (which I do)

comment:13 Changed 9 years ago by Chris Arndt

  • Status changed from new to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed

Backported to 1.0 branch in r5328.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.