Warning: Can't synchronize with repository "(default)" (Unsupported version control system "svn": No module named svn). Look in the Trac log for more information.

Ticket #1958 (closed defect: fixed)

Opened 11 years ago

Last modified 11 years ago

Path variable expansion from config in TG 1.1 broken

Reported by: chrisz Owned by: faide
Priority: highest Milestone: 1.1b1
Component: TurboGears Version: 1.1 HEAD
Severity: blocker Keywords:
Cc:

Description

When I quickstart a new project usgin "-s -i" with TG 1.1dev-r5187), I get the following error as soon as the project tries to access the database (e.g. when running tg-admin sql create):

  File "...\sqlalchemy\engine\strategies.py", line 80, in connect
    raise exceptions.DBAPIError.instance(None, None, e)
OperationalError: (OperationalError) unable to open database file None None

This happened on Win XP with Py 2.5 and SQLAlchemy 0.4.6.

Unfortunately the unit tests currently do not reveal this problems, we need to add some tests here.

Attachments

path_expansion.diff Download (663 bytes) - added by faide 11 years ago.
Path expansion fix

Change History

comment:1 Changed 11 years ago by faide

I spotted this one also and it is definitly on my list. This has something to do with the local_directory resolution done when you use setuptool from trunk.

I have tried to downgrade my setuptools to 0.6c8 and the problem did not appear.

Could someone else confirm this behaviour change between setuptools-trunk and setuptools-0.6.c8 ?

comment:2 Changed 11 years ago by faide

  • Status changed from new to assigned
  • Owner changed from anonymous to faide

comment:3 Changed 11 years ago by faide

  • Milestone changed from 1.5 to 1.1

comment:4 Changed 11 years ago by Chris Arndt

  • Milestone changed from 1.1 to 1.1 beta 1

comment:5 Changed 11 years ago by Chris Arndt

Is this maybe related to #1967?

comment:6 Changed 11 years ago by faide

  • Summary changed from SQLAlchemy support in TG 1.1 broken to Path variable expansion from config in TG 1.1 broken

This may be related. In any case this is not a SQLAlchemy problem but a path expansion problem.

This problem appears only when I use setuptools == trunk HEAD, and does not appears when I use 0.6c8.

comment:7 Changed 11 years ago by Chris Arndt

Also, I can not reproduce this on Linux or Mac OS X with the current (r5328) 1.1 branch HEAD.

comment:8 Changed 11 years ago by faide

I got it and will commit a fix as soon as I can grab a correct SVN client. I could reproduce it on windows. It was yet another path manipulation that did not use the os.path module and tried to concatenate strings...

comment:9 Changed 11 years ago by faide

I won't be able to commit before tonight because I upgraded my svn client on the work machine and I don't remember my password so I'll need to wait tonight to commit :)

Changed 11 years ago by faide

Path expansion fix

comment:10 Changed 11 years ago by faide

Just attached a patch so that others can review/apply while I'm unable to commit.

comment:11 Changed 11 years ago by faide

  • Status changed from assigned to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed

Fixed in r5333.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.