|Version 72 (modified by anonymous, 10 years ago) (diff)|
The Documentation Playground
This is a place to toss around ideas, write up simple recipes and create drafts of things that may eventually go into the official documentation.
If you add something here, please be sure to specify which TurboGears version you're using at the top of the document. Wikis can get stale very easily.
Don't forget to read the TurbogearsFaq first.
Installation and Deployment Tips
- ModPythonIntegration : Integrating a TurboGears 0.8a1 install with mod_python
- ModPythonIntegration09 : Integrating a TurboGears (SVN/0.9-prerelease) install with mod_python
- LighttpdIntegration : Integrating a TurboGears install with lighttpd
- DeployWithAnEgg : Deploying your application with a Python Egg
- ApacheIntegration : Running TurboGears behind apache using mod_rewrite
- DreamWeaverIntegration : Using Dream Weaver as an IDE for Kid Files
- DeployAsWindowsService: Deploy a TurboGears application as a Windows Service
- TurboGearsOnDreamHost: Deploy a TurboGears application on the dreamhost.com servers using Apache and FastCGI
- TurboGearsOnSharedHostingAccount: Deploy a TurboGears application on shared hosting provider, like http://python-hosting.com or http://textdrive.com
- RootLessInstall: Install TurboGears with (minimal) root access under OS X
Operating System Specific Considerations
Some operating systems don't work well with TurboGears at first. Share your experiences!
Database Specific Considerations
Beyond the 20 Minute Wiki Tutorial
- FileUploadTutorial : Adding File Upload to the Tutorial
- WikiDiffTutorial : Adding 'diff' capabilities to the Tutorial
- FeedObject : Using the Feed Object
- ExtendingQuickstart : how do extend the tg-admin quickstart with your own files
- IdentityManagement : Tracking users' identities with group-based permissions
- Creating Your Own Identity Model
- CachingTechniques : different ways to add caching to your app
- Database agnostic SQL : Ben Bangert's great article on using SQLObject to generate database agnostic SQL, for those times when working with objects isn't what you need
- Internationalization: how to use internationalization/localization with your application
- FancyStatus : Fancy status messages using tg_flash
- ExtendingVisitFramework: Add IP address tracking to the visit framework using a plugin
- SimpleDelete : A simple example for deleting a record from the database.
- SelectingOption : how to set one OPTION as "selected"
- CheckedCheckBox : how to set a checkbox/radio button as "checked"
- SockFile : how to setup db access using a socket file
- WidgetlessForm : a sample form of all the input elements without widgets
- RestfullPath : A baseclass for Restfull path usage
- Simple Dragging : How to implement a simple tool-man dragging around and persisting on the db.
- SimpleWidgetForm : a simple form that uses widgets
- ListWidgetFromForeignKey : SQLObject foriegn key displays as a select widget on a form
- FormValidationWithWidgets : How to validate a whole form
- DataGridWidget : Documentation on DataGrid widget
Other Template Systems (0.9 and higher)
- TurboCheetah : plugin for Cheetah templates
- TurboStan : plugin for Stan templates
- TurboZpt : plugin for Zope Page Templates
- TurboHtmlPy : plugin for using Formencode.htmlgen as Templates syntax
- SqlobjectCaching : some information about how SQLObject does its caching
- SimpleAdminIdeas : This document is pulling together the ideas for adding the automatic create/retrieve/update/delete (CRUD) features to TurboGears.
- HibernateVsSqlObject : what would it take to make SQLObject as powerful as Hibernate?
- WidgetsProposal : a work in progress for a better (I expect) widget system
- RequestedDocumentation : List of Documentation that you would like.